Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cucumber Salad

I heart cucumbers.  My daughter will pick one up and eat it like its candy.  Cucumber salad can be made many different ways.  Some folks make one with sliced onions.  Some have tomato, onion, and vinegar.  This is the way my Mammaw always made it and the way I like it. Quick, easy, and very inexpensive. I am actually making some for dinner tonight.  So, I figured, this works perfectly for my first recipe!



You will need:
1 Cucumber
1/2 c. Mayo or Miracle Whip
1/4 c. White vinegar
1-2 Tbsp. Parsley

Peel and thinly slice cucumber.  Set aside.

 

In bowl:  Combine mayo, vinegar, and parsley.  Add a liitle more or a little less of each to taste.  I usually add about one additional tablespoon of mayo.  Mix in sliced cucumbers.  Stir well to be sure they are covered.


Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.

ENJOY!

This is a great side/extra for summertime.  It's cool, crisp, and delicious.  I often have this as a late night snack.  Mmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment